Sunday, January 2, 2011

makeup looks you’ve been checking out lately

I can’t believe it’s almost August. But it is.mac brushes And that means that Fashion Week will be here before I know it mac makeup, so it’s time for me to start thinking about how I want to transition my look.
All summer, I’ve stayed pretty true to the coral lip and lined eyes that I fell in love with when I saw Kate Moss’ Topshop shoot.
(By the way,north face denali thanks to all of you who recommended MAC’s Lady Danger in the comments on that post. I’m already on my second tube.)
And now, I think I’ve found my first new look for fall thanks to Diane Kruger at the Inglourious Basterds premiere earlier today in Berlin.

The eyes are subtly smoky, but not overly made-up. The matte red lip seems like a natural move from the coral days of summer.blackhawks jerseys And I am dying over the hair. It’s so simple but the visible bobby pins (while not a new concept) look really simple and fresh – perfect for my still-growing out bangs. Though I’m going to have to do something to mimic Diane’s gorgeous texture. (I’m considering the Brazilian keratin treatment just to smooth my hair in general. Let me know if any of you have tried it because I would love to hear first-hand if you liked it.)