Sunday, January 2, 2011

embrace the more playful girl I once was in 1987

But I just can’t get onboard with this one? To me it feels too costume-y. Am I wrong? Do I need to embrace the more playful girl I once was in 1987?
I’ve been thinking about this picture of Alexis Bledel from WWD since I saw it mac brushes earlier today.
While I appreciate the Gilmore memories that any picture of Rory brings to mind mac makeup, I’m less enthusiastic about the 80s era flashbacks to hair I’d rather forget.
And I loved the genius that went into creating all those individual hairstyles at Marc’s show in February,north face denali but I’ve been slightly afraid of how exactly 80s hair would be translated into the mainstream.
Now, the high side pony seems to be creeping its way into my daily life. I’ve seen it out and about in Manhattan—for both day and evening.

I wore this look well back in seventh grade.blackhawks jerseys Along with a boatload of banana clips. And I can even now oft be found with a low side pony, especially while donning my favorite fedora.