Sunday, January 9, 2011

giving a lot of thought to black lipstick

Since the 90′s and the Fall runways are what’s on our minds most right now, we’ve been giving a lot of thought to black lipstick.
We saw it at YSL and Giles, and we kind of secretly see it on ourselves,mac brushes but only with the right invitation, and only if we could pull it off without venturing into Morticia Addams’ territory.
We figure we could always switch it out for a super deep red or aubergine to go with super soft eyes, but then it might just look like dark lipstick, which isn’t nearly as exciting as a total mouth blackout.
But more importantly – would you wear black lipstick (on a night other than Halloween)? mac makeup Or is this too reminiscent of that other 90′s blunder, Goth?
(And if you already have, then please tell us how you worked it – we seriously want to know!)
391///But, J’adore Dior
I justify the $24 price tag of Dior Show Black Out mascara because it’s the only beauty product I buy regularly.
I don’t even remember to put moisturizer on every morning which means I probably buy it once a year (I know, I know).north face denali But I can’t remember the last time I left the house, or even my room, without coats of Dior on my lashes. It is, unfortunately, an obsession.
So when Natalie told me that Maybelline’s newest mascara, The Colossal, allegedly rivaled my favorite Dior, while costing less than $8, I just laughed. I’ve tried dozens of mascaras and nothing comes close to giving me the volume,blackhawks jerseys length and mini-clumps, (no, I don’t like perfect separation) like Dior.
But I just tried the Maybelline – and it pains me to say this after six years of paying $24 every few months – but it works. It works like Dior.
I don’t know how many coats I used, because I usually just move the wand around until my eyelashes look sufficiently fake, but I didn’t swipe on anymore than I normally do.
The main difference is that The Colossal’s waterproof – and Dior Show Blackout isn’t. (Regular Dior Show comes in waterproof, but the Blackout version does not). Waterproof mascara scares me, but most people like it better which might make it an advantage.
I’m addicted to Dior’s mascara, but if my current tube runs out before I get a new one, my lashes will be reassured by the neon yellow tube tucked into my vanity.